Principal Geologist (Resource)About the job
In response to the increased demand for our Geology and Corporate services, AMC Consultants is looking for a Principal Resource Geologist to work in our Perth office.
You’ll be a good fit for this job if you value the input of your peers, you have an insatiable need to stay abreast of industry trends, and you enjoy interacting with colleagues, whether that’s across town, or on the other side of the world.
But before you send your resume off to us, we want to be sure that you’ll like working with us.
A bit about us
We have completed more than 8,000 assignments for major mining companies and financial institutions in more than 100 countries on six continents dealing with more than 60 types of commodities. We have 9 offices spread across the globe. When a client has a problem, chances are we’ve not only seen it before but have also unearthed a smarter way to solve it.
How we are different
Our unique passion for unearthing a smarter way to mine is one of the things that sets the global AMC team apart. Our people understand both the art and science of mining, and won’t avoid the reality of the challenge.
We are mining for the long haul and work hard to help our consultants build a long-term career at AMC. We strive to recruit and retain the best of the best to work alongside some of the most highly regarded technical professionals in the industry.
Work life balance is a priority at AMC, so we will consider flexible working arrangements to ensure you have what you need to help you thrive as part of our team.
AMC is an Equal Opportunities employer that encourages all qualified applicants to apply for their positions. AMC is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment which is inclusive of all employees.
Who you will be working with and reporting to
Our Geology and Corporate Manager, who has extensive experience in open pit and underground mining, geological modelling, geostatistics, linear and non-linear resource estimation methods, public reporting, due diligence studies and technical reviews. He and his group have worked on a wide range of commodities and significant Australian and international projects.
You will be working closely with the very experienced team of consultants in Perth and with a broader group of industry specialists across our eight offices. The work often involves multi-disciplinary teams within the local office, across AMC, and with clients on sites.
Now a bit more information about the role
Specialist skills required:
• You need to know what you are building the resource models for – significant practical open pit and underground mining experience helps.
• You need to understand the data that you are using – a range of practical drilling, sampling, and assaying experience for drilling programmes on mines and developing projects helps.
• We would like you to have a current, strong technical interest in mineral resource estimation, including:
- Exposure to working on a range of commodities, primarily metals.
- Geological modelling.
- A thorough understanding of geostatistics, variography and applications to the estimation processes.
- Understanding and ability to apply a range of estimation methods as appropriate to the styles of mineralization, commodities and mining methods.
- Familiarity with the various international reporting standards (JORC Code, NI43-101, SAMREC, CRIRSCO etc).
- Mining and geostatistical software with preference for Datamine, Isatis and Leapfrog (other software can be discussed and potentially accommodated).
- A continued effort to expand and learn.• You will have project management skills to manage time, cost, and collaboration--all with a clear purpose to deliver innovative, high quality, robust products and solutions to our clients.
• This requires excellent interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills.
• You should already have a strong industry network. With an outgoing personality, we would like you to build on that network to generate work for both yourself and AMC.
• Bring something new to the team – you will lead and mentor geologists and mining engineers.
• A degree in Geology with any post-graduate qualifications well regarded.
• A minimum of 15 years of practical experience as relevant to the responsibilities listed above. Ideally, it is envisaged that you will have at least 8 years of practical underground and open pit mining experience as well as project drilling experience as a basis for your experience in mineral resource estimation.
• Membership of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Australian Institute of Geoscientists or other similar industry recognized professional organisation.
• A valid drivers license, passport and the ability to travel internationally as required.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role please click “apply now”. Please only apply if you have the right to work and live in the country where the role is located. You will receive an email within 24 hrs confirming receipt of your resume.
Not ready to apply just yet, or not quite the right role?
We'd still love you to follow our company page on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on all things AMC!