Geotechnical EngineerAbout the job
In response to the increased demand for our geotechnical services, AMC Consultants is looking for a full time permanent Geotechnical Engineer to work in our Perth office.
You’ll be a good fit for this job if you value the input of your peers, you have an insatiable need to stay abreast of industry trends, and you enjoy interacting with colleagues, whether that’s across town, or on the other side of the world.
But before you send your resume off to us, we want to be sure that you’ll like working with us.
A bit about us
We have completed more than 8,000 assignments for major mining companies and financial institutions in more than 100 countries on six continents dealing with more than 60 types of commodities. We have 9 offices spread across the globe. When a client has a problem, chances are we’ve not only seen it before but have also unearthed a smarter way to solve it.
How we are different
Our unique passion for unearthing a smarter way to mine is one of the things that sets the global AMC team apart. Our people understand both the art and science of mining, and won’t avoid the reality of the challenge.
We are mining for the long haul and work hard to help our consultants build a long-term career at AMC. We strive to recruit and retain the best of the best to work alongside some of the most highly regarded technical professionals in the industry.
Work life balance is a priority at AMC, so we encourage flexible working arrangements to ensure you have what you need to help you thrive as part of our team.
AMC is an Equal Opportunities employer that encourages all qualified applicants to apply for their positions. AMC is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment which is inclusive of all employees.
Now a bit more information about the role
Specialist skills and tasks required:
• Must have excellent English writing and speaking skills.
• Must have excellent computer skills including fast touch typing and excel.
• Tasks will include:
- Use of 3D mining software for viewing mine designs and geotechnical information.
- Compile and verify data.
- Project data collection including visiting mine sites to conduct core logging and mapping.
- Use of geotechnical software to analyse geotechnical data.
- Gain familiarity with numerical modelling software to set up and run models.
- Team up with highly experienced geotechnical engineers to assist with interesting projects.
- Report writing and drafting of figures.
• Degree in geological engineering / rock mechanics / geotechnical engineering, or
• Degree in geology, civil engineering or mining engineering with at least 1 year of practical mining experience in geotechnical engineering.
• A manual driver’s license.
• Membership of an industry recognized professional organisation.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role please click “apply now”. Please only apply if you have the right to work and live in the country where the role is located. You will receive an email within 24 hrs confirming receipt of your resume.
Not ready to apply just yet, or not quite the right role?
We'd still love you to follow our company page on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on all things AMC!