About the job
In response to the increased demand for our Geology services, AMC Consultants is looking for a Senior Geologist to work in our Brisbane office.
You’ll be a good fit for this job if you value the input of your peers, you have an insatiable need to stay abreast of industry trends, and you enjoy interacting with colleagues, whether that’s across town, or on the other side of the world.
But before you send your resume off to us, we want to be sure that you’ll like working with us.
A bit about us
We have completed more than 8,000 assignments for major mining companies and financial institutions in more than 100 countries on six continents dealing with more than 60 types of commodities. We have 9 offices spread across the globe. When a client has a problem, chances are we’ve not only seen it before but have also unearthed a smarter way to solve it.
How we are different
Our unique passion for unearthing a smarter way to mine is one of the things that sets the global AMC team apart. Our people understand both the art and science of mining and won’t avoid the reality of the challenge.
We are mining for the long haul and work hard to help our consultants build a long-term career at AMC. We strive to recruit and retain the best of the best to work alongside some of the most highly regarded technical professionals in the industry.
Work life balance is a priority at AMC, so we encourage flexible working arrangements to ensure you have what you need to help you thrive as part of our team.
AMC is an Equal Opportunities employer that encourages all qualified applicants to apply for their positions. AMC is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment which is inclusive of all employees.
Who you will be working with and reporting to
Rod Carlson, Geology Manager and a Principal Geologist. Rod has more than 30 years’ experience in mining and exploration, with particular expertise in deposit modelling, Mineral Resource estimation, classification, reporting and auditing, and due diligence reviews. 20 years’ experience in copper/gold exploration and mining of porphyry copper systems. Expert in sampling, laboratory analysis and quality assurance/quality control protocols.
Rob Chesher is the General Manager Brisbane and a Principal Consultant with skills in metallurgy and corporate consulting. Rob has been with AMC for seven years and the manager of the Brisbane office for five. Rob will oversee your technical progress and manage your development within the organisation.
Now a bit more information about the role
Specialist skills required:
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on project and strategic opportunities.
- Timely delivery of resource models and reports to a high standard.
- High level of proficiency in resource estimation.
- Ability and willingness to act as a Competent Person, as defined by the JORC Code, in at least one style of mineralisation.
- Experience in a range of commodities.
- Familiarity with reporting codes and rules in different international jurisdictions.
- Able to participate in technical reviews, evaluations, and due diligence reviews. Experience as a mine geologist would be viewed favourably.
- Solid experience in the areas of project management.
- Experience in resource estimation using Datamine or similar products.
- Experience in geostatistics.
- Business development capability, or commitment to grow business development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including clients, senior management, technical professionals, and operational personnel.
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing for reporting and communication.
- Demonstrated understanding, commitment to, and leadership in safety.
- Tertiary qualification in geology or other related mining discipline with relevant experience.
- Post graduate qualifications in a related discipline highly desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the mining industry.
- Fluent in English—spoken and written. Bahasa Indonesian language skills viewed favorably.
- Membership of an industry-recognized professional organization mandatory.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role, please click “apply now”. Please only apply if you have the right to work and live in the country where the role is located or have the qualifications to apply for this right. You will receive an email within 24 hrs confirming receipt of your resume.
Not ready to apply just yet, or not quite the right role?
We'd still love you to follow our company page on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on all things AMC!