About the job
In response to the increased demand for our open pit mining services, AMC Consultants is looking for a Senior Open Pit Mining Engineer to work in our Vancouver office.
You’ll be a good fit for this job if you value the input of your peers, you have an insatiable need to stay abreast of industry trends, and you enjoy interacting with colleagues, whether that’s across town, in the outback, or on the other side of the world.
But before you send your resume off to us, we want to be sure that you’ll like working with us.
A bit about us
We operate worldwide, with offices in most major mining and financial centres. We have completed more than 8,000 assignments for major mining companies and financial institutions in more than 100 countries on six continents dealing with more than 60 types of commodities. When a client has a problem, chances are we’ve not only seen it before but have also unearthed a smarter way to solve it.
How we are different
Our unique passion for unearthing a smarter way to mine is one of the things that sets the global AMC team apart. Our people understand both the art and science of mining, and won’t avoid the reality of the challenge.
We are mining for the long haul and work hard to help our consultants build a long-term career at AMC. We strive to recruit and retain the best of the best to work alongside some of the most highly regarded technical professionals in the industry.
Work life balance is a priority at AMC, so we encourage flexible working arrangements to ensure you have what you need to help you thrive as part of our team.
Now a bit more information about the role
Specialist skills required:
- Mine design
- Mine scheduling
- Strategic mine planning
- Pit optimization
- Mining costs modelling
- Equipment selection
- Solid experience in the areas of project management of technical studies.
- Experience in due diligence activities.
- Good exposure to open pit operations (production, short term planning, drill and blast…)
- Good mining software skills
- Strong technical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers.
- Experience in and / or an inclination for business development.
- Strong communication skills is a must. Multilingual skills would be an advantage.
- Spanish or French language highly regarded.
- Mining engineering degree.
- Senior level requires a minimum of 7 years of experience, 5 preferably at a mine site.
- Membership of an industry recognized professional organisation.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role, please click “apply now”. Please only apply if you have the right to work and live in the country where the role is located. You will receive an email within 24 hrs confirming receipt of your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Not ready to apply just yet, or not quite the right role?
We'd still love you to follow our company page on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on all things AMC!