On 19 July 2018, AMC Consultants’ Kobus Potgieter, Business Improvement Manager, presented the last instalment of Austmine’s “Optimising the Mining Fleet Webinar Series” focusing on the optimized fleet in action. Kobus was joined in a panel discussion on the topic by Stephen Williams, Managing Director, Concerto Analytics.
The two experts discussed how the optimized fleet management system fits into the overall mining operation and what the future of fleet management will look like. They also unpacked the innovative solutions METS companies have developed to help miners keep their vehicles running efficiently.
The topics covered were:
- Effectively integrating fleet management tools into the mining operation.
- Leveraging cross-operational data from your mine plan.
- Creating valuable, actionable information from fleet management data.
- The future of fleet management and the role of digitisation in delivering better results.
- A wrap-up of the fleet series and summation of the key learnings throughout the five webinars.
The webinar recordings of the presentation and panel discussion are available below and on AMC’s YouTube channel.
To find out more about the optimized fleet in action or any other aspect of AMC’s Improve offering, visit our services page or contact Kobus.
We would like to thank Austmine for allowing us to host this content on our site.
About Kobus Potgieter
Kobus Potgieter is AMC’s Business Improvement Manager based in Perth, Australia. A mining engineer with more than 20 years’ experience in the resources industry, he is operationally driven, an experienced strategic planner, and is adept at value-adding, improvement and change. Kobus’ strengths lie in business improvement and decision guidance, technology solutions and providing effective asset management using risk-based decision making and condition monitoring.