About the job
In response to increased demand for our underground mining services, AMC Consultants is looking for a Senior Mining Engineer to work in our Brisbane office.
You’ll be a good fit for this job if you value the input of your peers, you have an insatiable need to stay abreast of industry trends, and you enjoy interacting with colleagues, whether that’s across town, in the outback, or on the other side of the world.
But before you send your resume off to us, we want to be sure that you’ll like working with us.
A bit about us
We’ve been in the business of mining for 35 years, so we know what we are talking about. Our consultants are recognized leaders in their fields. And when you are signing off on a
million-ounce gold mineral resource estimate, you’ll understand just how important it is to have that sort of experience available to you down the corridor or at the end of a phone line.
We operate worldwide, with offices in most major mining and financial centres. We have completed more than 8,000 assignments for major mining companies and financial institutions in more than 100 countries on six continents dealing with more than 60 types of commodities. When a client has a problem, chances are we’ve not only seen it before but have also unearthed a smarter way to solve it.
How we are different
Our unique passion for unearthing a smarter way to mine is one of the things that sets the global AMC team apart. Our people understand both the art and science of mining and won’t avoid the reality of the challenge.
We are mining for the long haul and work hard to help our consultants build a long-term career at AMC. We strive to recruit and retain the best of the best to work alongside some of the most highly regarded technical professionals in the industry.
Work life balance is a priority at AMC, so we encourage flexible working arrangements to ensure you have what you need to help you thrive as part of our team.
AMC is an equal opportunities employer that encourages qualified applicants to apply for their positions. AMC is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment which is inclusive of all employees.
Who you will be working with and reporting to
Jason Keily is the Underground Manager and a Principal Mining Engineer with over 30 years’ international experience in open pit and underground mine management, strategic mine planning, development and execution.
Daniel Kahler is a Board Director and Principal Mining Engineer with over 22 years’ experience in underground mining and strategic optimization of mining businesses.
Lee Poulin is a Senior Mining Engineer with over 12 years’ experience in open pit and underground mining.
Lincoln Morris is a Mining Engineer with over 6 years’ experience in the design, scheduling, and planning of hard rock underground mines.
Jack Cheng is a Mining Engineer with over 6 years’ experience in underground drill-and-blast design, sub-level caving design and scheduling.
Rob Chesher, is the General Manager Brisbane and a Principal Mining Consultant with skills in metallurgy and corporate consulting. Rob has been with AMC for six years and the manager of the Brisbane office for three. Rob will oversee your technical progress and development.
Now a bit more information about the role
Specialist skills required:
- Experience in a range of mining methods and most aspects of underground mine engineering
- Experience with a range of planning and operational practices
- Experience in project management or study management.
- Experience in Mineral Reserve estimation and auditing.
- Expert user of mine planning software packages.
- Experience in cost estimation including capital costs, operating costs, across a wide range of mining activities and support services.
- Strong technical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills.
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Experience in or an inclination for business development.
- Experience in both underground and surface mining would be beneficial.
- Experience in due diligence activities would be beneficial.
- A degree in mining engineering with more than 7 years’ experience relevant to the responsibilities listed above.
- Registered as an RPEQ or be eligible to apply for registration.
- Member of the AusIMM or be eligible to apply for registration.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role, please click “apply now”. Please only apply if you have the right to work and live in Australia. You will receive an email within 24 hours confirming receipt of your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Not ready to apply just yet, or not quite the right role?