Number of Positions available: 1
Reports to: Geotechnical Manager and General Manager
AMC Consultants is seeking to appoint a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to complement the company’s engineering capability in our Maidenhead (UK) office. Your technical and operational expertise will be applied to a range of technical studies and consulting assignments across multiple commodities and sites, working for clients both domestically and internationally. Consulting activities will be geographically distributed, with a focus on Africa, Europe, and Western and Central Asia. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will consequently need to be capable of interacting with clients and projects in a diverse range of technical and cultural jurisdictions. Project and business development work will require travel away from the UK office, potentially for extended periods of time. Essential to this position is an ability to attract and generate consulting opportunities, individually and for others within AMC. It is expected that this will require good familiarity with, and a network of contacts within, the countries and regions where AMC (UK) operates. Recruitment agencies are requested not to forward CVs unless specifically requested to do so by AMC. The advertising of a vacancy on this website is not to be taken as such a request. Where an unsolicited CV is forwarded to AMC by a recruitment agency, AMC reserves the right to contact the prospective employee directly. AMC will not be liable to pay the agency any fees if it secures the services of that person.
Specialist Skills Required:
- Experience as a mine-site geotechnical engineer in underground or open-pit environments—underground preferred.
- Business development capability.
- Demonstrated expertise in range of rock/soil mechanics problems and mining geotechnical engineering practices.
- High level of proficiency in a geotechnical software packages e.g. DIPS, Slide, Unwedge, Phases, Map3D, etc.
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing for reporting and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including clients, senior management, technical professionals, and operational personnel.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, safety.
- Demonstrated expertise in a range of mining methods with a sound working knowledge of others.
- High level of proficiency in a mine-planning software package e.g. Datamine, Surpac, or Vulcan etc. Project-management experience preferred.
- Experience in technical consulting would be highly desirable.
- Tertiary qualified geological, mine, or civil engineer, or other related mining discipline with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the mining industry.
- Fluent in English—spoken and written.
- Secondary language skills viewed favourably.
- Membership of an industry-recognized professional organization. Applicant must have the established right to work in the UK.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications Close by: Open