About the job
In response to the increased demand for our geotechnical services, AMC Consultants is looking for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to work in our Vancouver office.
You’ll be a good fit for this job if you value the input of your peers, you have an insatiable need to stay abreast of industry trends, and you enjoy interacting with colleagues, whether that’s across town, in the outback, or on the other side of the world.
But before you send your resume off to us, we want to be sure that you’ll like working with us.
A bit about us
We’ve been in the business of mining for 35 years, so we know what we are talking about. Our consultants are recognized leaders in their fields. And when you are signing off on a million-ounce gold mineral resource estimate, you’ll understand just how important it is to have that sort of experience available to you down the corridor or at the end of the phone line.
We operate worldwide, with offices in most major mining and financial centres. We have completed more than 8,000 assignments for major mining companies and financial institutions in more than 100 countries on six continents dealing with more than 60 types of commodities. When a client has a problem, chances are we’ve not only seen it before but have also unearthed a smarter way to solve it.
How we are different
Our unique passion for unearthing a smarter way to mine is one of the things that sets the global AMC team apart. Our people understand both the art and science of mining, and won’t avoid the reality of the challenge.
We are mining for the long haul and work hard to help our consultants build a long-term career at AMC. We strive to recruit and retain the best of the best to work alongside some of the most highly regarded technical professionals in the industry.
Work life balance is a priority at AMC, so we encourage flexible working arrangements to ensure you have what you need to help you thrive as part of our team.
AMC is an Equal Opportunities employer that encourages qualified applicants to apply for their positions. AMC is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment which is inclusive of all employees.
Who you will be working with and reporting to
Mort Shannon is the General Manager and a Principal Geologist with more than 40 years of diverse geological experience in a variety of mining situations and geological environments.
Mo Molavi is a Director, Mining Services Manager, and Principal Mining Engineer. He is an underground mining specialist with extensive experience in soft-rock mechanized mining.
Ying Liu is a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with a Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering and 15 years of practical industry experience.
Now a bit more information about the role
Specialist skills required:
- Sound working knowledge of a broad range of rock mechanics and geotechnical engineering practices with expert knowledge in one or more aspects of mine engineering.
- Experience in both underground and surface mining would be regarded favourably.
- Experience conducting regular site inspections for quality assurance and quality control of ground support installations.
- Experience in defining support requirements following best practices for active mining operations.
- Strong technical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Experience mentoring more junior geotechnical engineers.
- A degree in mining, civil, or geological engineering with more than 15 years of practical mining experience relevant to the responsibilities listed above.
- Registration as a P.Eng. in British Columbia or be eligible to apply for registration.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role please click “apply now”. Please only apply if you have the right to work and live in the country where the role is located. You will receive an email within 24 hrs confirming receipt of your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Not ready to apply just yet, or not quite the right role?