About the job
In response to the increased demand for our geometallurgy and process metallurgical services, AMC Consultants is looking for a Principal Geometallurgist to work in our Brisbane office.
You’ll be a good fit for this job if you value the input of your peers, you have an insatiable need to stay abreast of industry trends, and you enjoy interacting with colleagues, whether that’s across town, in the outback, or on the other side of the world.
But before you send your resume off to us, we want to be sure that you’ll like working with us.
A bit about us
We’ve been in the business of mining for 35 years, so we know what we are talking about. Our consultants are recognized leaders in their fields. And when you are signing off on a million-ounce gold mineral resource estimate, you’ll understand just how important it is to have that sort of experience available to you down the corridor or at the end of the phone line.
We operate worldwide, with offices in most major mining and financial centres. We have completed more than 8,000 assignments for major mining companies and financial institutions in more than 100 countries on six continents dealing with more than 60 types of commodities. When a client has a problem, chances are we’ve not only seen it before but have also unearthed a smarter way to solve it.
How we are different
Our unique passion for unearthing a smarter way to mine is one of the things that sets the global AMC team apart. Our people understand both the art and science of mining, and won’t avoid the reality of the challenge.
We are mining for the long haul and work hard to help our consultants build a long-term career at AMC. We strive to recruit and retain the best of the best to work alongside some of the most highly regarded technical professionals in the industry.
Work life balance is a priority at AMC, so we encourage flexible working arrangements to ensure you have what you need to help you thrive as part of our team.
AMC is an Equal Opportunities employer that encourages all qualified applicants to apply for their positions. AMC is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment which is inclusive of all employees.
Who you will be working with and reporting to
Rob Chesher, is the General Manager Brisbane and a Principal Mining Consultant with skills in metallurgy and corporate consulting. Rob has been with AMC for six years and the manager of the Brisbane office for three. Rob will oversee your technical progress and development. Outside of work Rob has a passion for cycling and regularly competes in marathons and fund-raising rides. He is a keen supporter of Queensland in all our football codes.
Chris Wells is the Office Manager in Brisbane and has been employed with AMC for more than 14 years. Chris has extensive knowledge of AMC procedures and how to get things done. She is the one to speak to if you have any questions. Chris is responsible for coordinating the administration team and keeping the office running smoothly, she also managers all Brisbane’s travel requirements, consultant expenses, the office budget and much more. If you are new to Brisbane, Chris will be happy to advise you on the local area, be it where to rent or buy or just where to get a great cup of coffee.
Megan Newberry is the Projects Administrator and has been working with AMC for more than a year now. Megan will work with you on all project related tasks, including formatting your proposals and reports, and helping you find your way around the timesheet programme and database. Megan is always happy to help.
Ian Lipton is the Corporate Consulting Manager / Principal Geologist and has been with AMC for over three years, he is the person you will be reporting to. He has 35 years of experience in mining geology, resource evaluation, and exploration and he has been promoting geometallurgy for project improvement for over 15 years. He has been involved in a variety of geometallurgical investigations in gold, base metals and iron ore. Ian likes 80s music, a good curry, and craft beer. He is waiting patiently for the Lions to return to the top of the AFL ladder.
Sarjesh Anand is on the Global IT team and has been with AMC for more than 13 years. He will make sure that you can access business applications, your emails, and you have all the hardware and software you need to do your job. He is a die-hard Maroons supporter like Rob and also enjoys watching the cricket.
Now a bit more information about the role
Specialist skills required:
- Exhibit a holistic understanding of the mining and minerals industry, mine development and mine operating practices, mineral processing strategies, and infrastructure requirements to support mining ventures.
- Establish expert working knowledge of rock behaviour during comminution, mineral extraction technologies such as flotation, leaching, gravity recovery, and ore sorting, and the operation and contract of mineral processing plants as required.
- Have a sound understanding of ore mineralogy, deposit types and mining geology, and the influences of these upstream factors on processing plant performance is essential.
- Demonstrate competency in exploratory data analysis and multivariate data analysis is required.
- Excellent communication skills are a must-have; particularly the ability to write clear and accurate technical reports.
- The ability to effectively collaborate within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work efficiently in a dynamic consulting environment.
- A university degree in geology, metallurgy, mine engineering, preferably with post-graduate qualification in geometallurgy, with 10 year’s minimum mining industry experience in operational and/or consulting roles.
- Positions at several technical levels are available, dependant on qualifications and experience.
- Membership of an industry recognized professional organisation.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role please click “apply now”. Please only apply if you have the right to work and live in the country where the role is located. You will receive an email within 24 hrs confirming receipt of your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Not ready to apply just yet, or not quite the right role?