About the job
In response to the increased demand for our study cost estimation services, AMC Consultants is looking for a full time permanent Mining Engineer to work in our Perth office.
You’ll be a good fit for this job if you value the input of your peers, you have an insatiable need to stay abreast of industry trends, and you enjoy interacting with colleagues, whether that’s across town, in the outback, or on the other side of the world.
But before you send your resume off to us, we want to be sure that you’ll like working with us.
A bit about us
We’ve been in the business of mining for 35 years, so we know what we are talking about. Our consultants are recognized leaders in their fields. And when you are signing off on a million-ounce gold mineral resource estimate, you’ll understand just how important it is to have that sort of experience available to you down the corridor or at the end of the phone line.
We operate worldwide, with offices in most major mining and financial centres. We have completed more than 8,000 assignments for major mining companies and financial institutions in more than 100 countries on six continents dealing with more than 60 types of commodities. When a client has a problem, chances are we’ve not only seen it before but have also unearthed a smarter way to solve it.
How we are different
Our unique passion for unearthing a smarter way to mine is one of the things that sets the global AMC team apart. Our people understand both the art and science of mining, and won’t avoid the reality of the challenge.
We are mining for the long haul and work hard to help our consultants build a long-term career at AMC. We strive to recruit and retain the best of the best to work alongside some of the most highly regarded technical professionals in the industry.
Work life balance is a priority at AMC, so we encourage flexible working arrangements to ensure you have what you need to help you thrive as part of our team.
AMC is an Equal Opportunities employer that encourages all qualified applicants to apply for their positions. AMC is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment which is inclusive of all employees.
Who you will be working with and reporting to
Damian Peachey, AMC Operations Consulting Manager / Principal Engineer, who has more than 35 years of experience in the mining industry that includes broad operational and technical roles in management, maintenance, engineering, procurement and logistics. His focus in recent years has been on mining equipment asset management, selection and procurement, cost estimations for large open cut mining operations and benchmarking studies of open pit mines.
Now a bit more information about the role
What you will do:
- Develop open pit cost estimates for feasibility studies, blind contract tenders and valuations.
- Conduct haulage analysis using dedicated haulage software applications.
- Conduct mining equipment selection and application engineering studies.
- Be an internal contact point for mining equipment capital and operating costs.
- Establish and develop relationships with the mining equipment vendors in Australia and overseas.
- Write cost estimation proposals and cost estimation reports.
- Conduct benchmarking studies were required.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Tertiary qualification, mining or engineering based.
- At least 2 years experience in open pit mining operations.
- Working knowledge of mine planning software systems, including haulage analysis software.
- Exposure to mine costing systems and budgets is highly desired.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Excel.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, and report writing, and presentation skills are highly desired.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position please click “Apply for this job”. Please only apply if you have the right to work and live in the country where the role is located. You will receive an email within 24 hrs confirming receipt of your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applications MUST be supported by a covering letter.
Not ready to apply just yet, or not quite the right role?