Number of Positions available: 1
Reports to: Mining Manager
AMC Consultants is seeking to appoint a Senior/Principal Mining Consultant to complement the company’s geological and engineering capability in our Maidenhead (UK) office. Your technical and operational expertise will be applied to a range of studies and consulting assignments across multiple commodities and sites, working for clients both internationally and in the UK. Essential to this position is an ability to attract and generate consulting opportunities, both individually and for others within AMC. It is expected that this will require good familiarity with, and a network of contacts within, the countries and regions where AMC (UK) is primarily focused. Consulting activities will be geographically distributed, with a focus on Africa, Europe, and Western and Central Asia. The Senior/Principal Mining Consultant will consequently need to be capable of interacting with clients and projects in a diverse range of technical and cultural jurisdictions. Project and business development work will require travel away from the UK office, potentially for extended periods of time.
Specialist Skills Required:
- Extensive experience in the mining industry, with strong capability in one or more of exploration, mine development, and operations.
- Proven business development capability and an ability to pursue and win mining projects.
- Ability to establish new, and maintain current client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including clients, senior management, technical professionals, and operational personnel.
- Sound leadership and management skills, including leadership and management of technical groups.
- Experience in consulting would be highly desirable.
- Tertiary qualifications in a mining-related discipline with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the mining industry.
- Fluent in English—spoken and written.
- Secondary language skills viewed favourably. Membership of an industry-recognized professional organization.
- Applicant must have the established right to work in the UK.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications Close by: Open