Number of Positions available: 1
Reports to: General Manager / Geology Manager
AMC Consultants is seeking to appoint a Senior/Principal Geologist (Resource) to complement the company’s geological and engineering capability in our Maidenhead (UK) office. Your technical and operational expertise will be applied to a range of technical studies and consulting assignments across multiple commodities and sites, working for clients both domestically and internationally. Consulting activities will be geographically distributed, with a focus on Africa, Europe, and Western and Central Asia. You will consequently need to be capable of interacting with clients and projects in a diverse range of technical and cultural jurisdictions. Project and business development work will require travel away from the UK office, potentially for extended periods of time. Essential to this position is an ability to attract and generate consulting opportunities, individually and for others within AMC. It is expected that this will require good familiarity with, and a network of contacts within, the countries and regions where AMC (UK) operates.
Specialist Skills Required:
- Experience as a mine geologist would be viewed favourably.
- Proven business development capability.
- Experience in a range of commodities.
- Ability to act as a Competent Person as defined by the JORC Code in at least one style of mineralization.
- Ability to act as a Qualified Person for reporting under National Instrument 43-101.
- High level of proficiency in Datamine is preferred. However, exposure to other software packages such as Surpac or Vulcan is desirable.
- Solid experience in the areas of project management and project review.
- Experience in technical consulting would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including clients, senior management, technical professionals, and operational personnel.
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing for reporting and communication. Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, safety.
- Tertiary Qualification in geology or other related mining discipline with relevant experience.
- Post graduate qualifications in Geostatistics desirable but not required.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in the mining industry.
- Fluent in English—spoken and written.
- Secondary language skills viewed favourably. Membership of an industry-recognized professional organization.
- Applicant must have the established right to work in the UK.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications Close by: Open