Number of Positions available: 1
Reports to: Underground Manager
AMC Consultants is a leading mining consultancy, providing services exclusively to the minerals sector. Our vision is to be ‘The adviser of choice to the world’s minerals industry’.
Our office in Melbourne is currently seeking a dynamic Senior Mining Engineer – Underground with technical ability, business development skills and capable of providing top-quality consulting services.
The best candidate will have a balance of operational experience together with demonstrated ability to communicate through reports and presentations with key stakeholders.
Specialist Skills Required:
- Extensive experience in underground mine planning and operations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including senior management, technical professionals and operational personnel
- Experienced user of mining software, such as Datamine, Mine 2-4D, Mineable Shape Optimizer (MSO), Deswik and project scheduling
- Strong technical, leadership and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Ability to establish new and maintain current client relationships
- Experience in open-pit mining is highly desirable
- Experience in feasibility studies is highly desirable
- Experience in cost estimation is highly desirable
A degree in mining engineering with approximately 10 years of practical experience relevant to the responsibilities listed above.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications Close by: Open