Number of Positions available: 1
Reports to: Open Pit Manager
AMC Consultants is seeking to appoint a Senior Mining Engineer to compliment the company’s engineering capability in our Vancouver office. AMC offers the opportunity to work directly with globally renowned industry experts, servicing world-class projects and clients. Being based in the Vancouver downtown area, the role provides work-lifestyle balance with flexibility in working hours, and the ability to develop rapidly as a professional.
Your mine planning and operational expertise will be applied to a range of feasibility studies and consulting assignments across multiple commodities, working for clients both domestically and internationally.
Having been exposed to industry best practices, you will utilize the latest tools to undertake mine design and mine scheduling, data analytics and value identification, equipment modelling and cost estimation, mine optimization and trade-off studies, process and system design.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of engineering proficiency and operational experience in coal or hard rock open pit mines. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to successfully communicate with key stakeholders and clients through reports and presentations, delivering sound and respected professional advice. Strong software skills and a willingness to develop client and professional relationships will be highly valued.
Specialist Skills Required:
- Experience in open pit mining systems, with strong capability in mine planning and operational functions.
- Experience in a range of commodities, including coal, would be desirable.
- Experienced user of mining software packages; such as Deswik, Datamine, Minesight, Minemax.
- Experience in the areas of project management and feasibility study leadership would be desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including clients, senior management, technical professionals and operational personnel.
- Ability to establish new, and maintain current client and professional relationships through ongoing business development activities.
- Ability to work independently and to produce technical reports
- Tertiary Qualified Mining Engineer or other related mining discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the industry working as a mining engineer. Worked in both technical and operational roles.
- Fluent in English – spoken and written. French or Spanish language skills viewed favorably.
- Membership of an industry recognized professional organization.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications Close by: Open