AMC is seeking to add to its growing geometallurgical team. The successful applicant will join our enterprise optimisation team, quantifying value drivers, and developing optimised mining and processing solutions. If you are a metallurgical engineer or chemical engineer with sound experience in the mineral processing industry we would like to hear from you.
Number of Positions available: 1
Reports to: General Manager
The successful applicant will –
- Use their knowledge of metallurgy, ore processing, and mine operations, and their strong interpersonal skills to help clients to achieve significant improvements in the operation and profitability of their processing plants, and to provide insightful metallurgical input to feasibility study teams and enterprise review teams.
- Contribute to feasibility studies, business improvement studies, and a variety of corporate advisory projects
- Maintain understanding of emerging technologies, and continue to develop their professional network within the industry.
Principal consultants at AMC are expected to effectively use their contacts in the mining industry to generate new opportunities for the company, and to form and lead project teams that deliver outstanding results for our clients.
Specialist Skills Required:
- Exhibit a holistic understanding of the mining and minerals industry, mine development and mine operating practices, mineral processing strategies, and infrastructure requirements to support mining ventures.
- Establish expert working knowledge of rock behaviour during comminution, mineral extraction technologies such as flotation, leaching, gravity recovery, and ore sorting, and the operation and control of mineral processing plants is required.
- Have a sound understanding of ore mineralogy, deposit types and mining geology, and the influences of these upstream factors on processing plant performance is essential.
- Demonstrate competency in exploratory data analysis and multivariate data analysis is required.
- Excellent communication skills are a must-have; particularly the ability to write clear and accurate technical reports.
We are seeking an experienced professional with the ability to capture and clearly convey critical observations, to analyze available operational data, and to recommend technical solutions to metallurgical problems.
- A university degree in metallurgical engineering, or chemical engineering with 10 year’s minimum mining industry experience in operational and/or consulting roles.
- Positions at several technical levels are available, dependant on qualifications and experience.
- Experience with a range of different mineral commodities and processing flowsheets is preferred.
- Membership of an industry recognized professional organization would be an advantage.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.