Number of Positions available: 1
Reports to: Mining Services Manager
AMC Consultants is a leading mining consultancy, providing services exclusively to the minerals sector. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth and have a number of interesting opportunities available. Our office in Vancouver is currently seeking a Principal Geotechnical Engineer with the following skills and qualifications: Recruitment agencies are requested not to forward CVs unless specifically requested to do so by AMC. The advertising of a vacancy on this website is not to be taken as such a request. Where an unsolicited CV is forwarded to AMC by a recruitment agency, AMC reserves the right to contact the prospective employee directly. AMC will not be liable to pay the agency any fees if it secures the services of that person.
Specialist Skills Required:
• Sound working knowledge of a broad range of rock mechanics and geotechnical engineering practices with expert knowledge in one or more aspects of mine engineering.
• Experience in both underground and surface mining would be regarded favourably.
• Experience conducting regular site inspections for quality assurance and quality control of ground support installations.
• Experience in defining support requirements following best practices for active mining operations.
• Strong technical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
• Good interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Experience mentoring more junior geotechnical engineers.
• A degree in mining, civil, or geological engineering with more than 15 years of practical mining experience relevant to the responsibilities listed above.
• Registration as a P.Eng. in British Columbia or be eligible to apply for registration.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications Close by: Open