AMC is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our integrated team providing geometallurgical expertise to mining companies and mineral project developers.
Number of Positions available: 1
Reports to: General Manager
The successful applicant will –
- Use their deep knowledge of ore processing, geology and mine operations, strong interpersonal skills to help clients achieve significant improvements in the operation and profitability of their mining projects.
- Design and direct sampling, and geometallurgical testing programmes, analyse multivariate data sets, and collaborate within AMC multidisciplinary teams to quantify value drivers and develop optimised solutions.
- Contribute to feasibility studies, business improvement studies, and a variety of corporate advisory projects
- Maintain understanding of emerging technologies and continue to develop your professional network within the industry.
Principal consultants at AMC are expected to effectively use their contacts in the mining industry to generate new opportunities for the company, and to form and lead project teams that deliver outstanding results for our clients.
Specialist Skills Required:
- Exhibit a holistic understanding of the mining and minerals industry, mine development and mine operating practices.
- Establish expert working knowledge in rock behaviour during comminution, fragmentation, mine to mill optimization, and mineral extraction technologies such as flotation, leaching, gravity recovery, and ore sorting.
- Have a sound understanding of ore mineralogy, deposit types and mining geology and demonstrate competency in exploratory data analysis and multivariate data analysis.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to capture and clearly convey critical observations, analysis and recommendations in a variety of oral and written presentations.
- Effectively collaborate within multidisciplinary teams, excellent time management skills and the ability to work efficiently in a dynamic consulting environment.
- A university degree in geology, metallurgy, mining engineering or related subject preferably with post-graduate qualification in geometallurgy.
- 10 year’s experience in the mining industry experience in operational and./ or consulting roles.
- Membership of an industry-recognized professional organization would be an advantage.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.