AMC Consultants is seeking to appoint a Geologist to assist with data analysis in our Maidenhead (UK) office. Your technical and operational expertise will be applied to a range of technical disciplines including geotechnical engineering, mining engineering and geology. The role will be dynamic, with a large scope for learning new skills across multiple commodities and sites, working for clients both domestically and internationally.
Consulting activities will be geographically distributed, with a focus on Africa, Europe, and Western and Central Asia. The Geologist will consequently need to be capable of interacting with clients and projects in a diverse range of technical and cultural jurisdictions. Project and business development work will require travel away from the UK office, potentially for extended periods of time.
Number of Positions available: 1
Reports to: General Manager and Geotechnical Manager
Specialist Skills Required:
- Experience as a mine geologist (preferably in resource estimation or grade control) would be viewed favourably.
- Proficiency in Datamine is preferred. However, exposure to other software packages such as Surpac or Vulcan is also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, management and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including clients, senior management, technical professionals, and operational personnel.
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing for reporting and communication.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, safety.
• Tertiary qualified geologist or engineering geologist with relevant experience.
• Minimum of two to five years of experience in the mining industry.
• Fluent in English—spoken and written. Secondary language skills viewed favourably.
• Applicant must have the established right to work in the UK.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.