A leading mining consultancy, providing services exclusively to the minerals sector is seeking a permanent, full-time position. This position will be based in our Vancouver office but will work closely with our international offices.
Only those candidates who are eligible to work in Canada should apply.
Recruitment agencies are requested not to forward CVs unless specifically requested to do so.
Job Type: Full-time
Our team in Vancouver is looking for an Assistant Accountant to perform the following duties:
Reporting directly to the Accountant, your responsibilities will include the following:
• Accurate and timely processing of accounts payable
• Invoice processing and accounts receivable
• Credit card reconciliations
• Bank reconciliations
• Cash management
• Assistance with annual audit
• Project accounting support
• Other duties as assigned by the Accountant or Project Manager
• Experience in general accounting (A/P & A/R)
• Strong computer skills, with advanced Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience with SUN Systems and PSA is an asset
• Detail oriented, self-motivated and proactive
• Excellent ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Written and verbal Spanish is an asset.
You’re a proactive professional who can work with minimal supervision and an excellent track record of achieving targets. You have excellent customer service skills and are comfortable managing multiple stakeholders.
The salary package offered for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.